April 2013: We bought land. We need to plan and prioritize what we want to build on it. This blog is now brain flow of thoughts on the design. Previously: This blog history is full of very detailed info so maybe just skip it if you are the type to cringe and say "Ew. Too Much Info!" In addition to being an information sharing, it is also at times a way for me to cope or vent.
Thursday, July 19, 2007
From Himself
This is a large excerpt from an email Dave sent to someone else in the CG.
Its a bit jargon, but .. for those non-coasties, you can get the idea.
Just thought I send you a note to let you know how things are going.
I finished the 6 weeks of radiation/chemo on 6 July & the doctors are very pleased w/ the progress of the treatment & how well I had been tolerating everything. Unfortunately the past two weeks (especially last week) have been the worst for side-effects since the treatment started. The radiation-oncologist said to expect it - but it hasn't been too fun. I'm using lots of drugs (anti-diarrhea) to try & regulate everything - which have, been more or less, successful. As my mom's dr put it - he's suffering the after-effects of radiation poisoning. I should progressively get better & should be back to "normal" in about a week or two.
Kerri & I have been down in the New London area for about 1 week now & I've been able to make it to work most days. (Although last week I was showing up late & leaving early, when I did show up). I have an appointment w/ the surgeon next Wednesday (25 July) and the surgery is scheduled for 5 Sept. I'm also scheduled for a CAT scan during the beginning of Aug to see how the treatment is going so far. Other than that the next couple of weeks are free from the doctors. K & I are planning on taking some vacation towards the end of Aug - one last rest period before the surgery - up at my folk's beach house in Salisbury again. This time I should be able to actually enjoy the beach/water.
Since we sold our house last spring we had to find a rental for the upcoming year. We were able to find a place about 1 block from our old house at a very reasonable rate. We'll be near the friends/neighbors we like & the commute is only 5 minutes. K is happy moving back to that area & Liam has friends & baby sitters already. We even let him pick which bedroom would be his. Can't move in until Aug, so are house sitting for a friend who is in France for the summer.>There has been a slight mix-up w/ my orders. Although the detailer told me he was keeping me at the Academy & the solicitation msg for my job in NY has gone out - they haven't issued orders keeping me here. The medical board has been submitted & I received an email 2 days ago telling me I'm in the "Med Board Database". CAPT Hartnett wrote a positive endorsement to keep me here & listed out what my job would be. The SUPT (ADM Burhoe) came over to talk to me before he signed it & sent it up to HQ to see how I was doing.The O-5 board meets the end of the month & I'm in zone. Cautiously optimistic about that as my OERs here at the Academy have been really good. Also trying to knock out all the required training (have ISC-300 training scheduled at beginning of Aug), just to make sure everything is in order. I'm also applying for the MIT System Design & Management program again (msg dtg - 202015Z JUN 07). I applied last year but didn't even make the alternate list - so I'm going to try again. I meet all the criteria except I haven't taken the GRE w/in 5 years - I've signed up to take it, but not until after the submission deadline. Thanks for all your support & concern."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment