Monday, September 10, 2007

Darkness

There are just some things that can't be blogged. Dave is physically okay. The surgery was a success. His incision is healing. He had to go home (to his folks) with a cath. bag even though he didn't want to. We already have a Dr. in CT to deal with it again in a few weeks. For a number of possible reasons his bladder is just not getting the job done. It could be the heavy narcotics he was on. It could be the surgery itself upset something that just needs time to get back into balance. So that is frustrating. And he is wiped out from his hospital stay. I am hoping a few days of quiet rest will help settle his nerves. I am hoping a few days of being off the narcotics will restore balance. He is in a not fun place emotionally. And it is not "pep-talk land" that he is in. Did you ever read the book written by the great philosopher of our time - I mean of course - Dr. Sues! He wrote a book that was entitled "Oh The Places You Will Go" -- Dave is not on the happy pages right now. I am in CT. I am taking Liam to school tomorrow. Wednesday Liam, my Mom, and I are going to go somewhere (aquarium, museum .... not sure yet). Then he has school on Thursday. As soon as I pick him up after school on Thursday, we are driving to Haverhill to join Dave. We will be there all together until Monday night. Liam and I leave Monday so Liam can go to school on Tuesday again. Then Dave has an appointment on Wednesday the 19th. Ed, I think, is driving him in, then meeting me so Dave comes home with me. Confused yet? I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment