Tuesday, September 4, 2007

The Sign Said:

I was driving today and saw a sign in front of a Church. You know the kind I mean. They change, but always say something that gets you either smiling or thinking. Now, before I say what the sign said, I first have to preface this. Dave and I are very fortunate to have friends from all walks of life. They are in different places on their spiritual journey, some are on a totally different path entirely! So I will express this idea as encompassing as possible so as to be able to really connect with as many of our friends as possible with this idea. So stick with me as I try to explain. The sign read this, "Web of Blessing." Many friends have gotten in touch over the last few days to let us know that we will be in their thoughts and prayers. I am going to stick my neck out actually ask for a bit from everyone. Blame it on that church sign. But using this web space - creating a network of Blessing - A deliberate co-ordination. Starting when you read this, until Monday morning when we expect Dave to be released from the hospital, please think of Dave. Picture him in your mind, - Healthy, happy, peaceful, smiling, and then either pray for him, or send him a wave of love over the distance. Here are some ideas: Put a string around a finger. If you are at home, maybe you can set an alarm to go off at some odd time once or twice a day. Or a photo of us moved to a place you will see it. I think of my friend T.G-F that just had a baby, maybe put something where you sit to nurse. I think of friends in offices, maybe you could put a post-it note on your phone or computer with the letter "D" on it or something. In the mean time, Please check back over the next few days regularly. I can type blogs on my cell phone while sitting in a waiting room. (gotta love technology). Also, please note that the time the "blog" says I blogged is for some dumb reason always wrong. I guess the folks that created it must live in California. I will try to put a time in when I type. (currently about 8pm here on Tuesday night). Thanks for all our friends that have been praying for us. Thanks for all those who have said they would have us in their thoughts and prayers over the next few days. And thanks also to those who, after reading this, do something to bring us to mind and allow us to interrupt their thoughts with this idea of creating a "web of blessing" to bring a speedy recovery to Dave. On a very sweet and pure happy note I will end this. Liam talks about his Angel. He said that his Angel is going to stay with him, but he is asking his Angel to send the other Angels to Boston to take care of Daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment