April 2013: We bought land. We need to plan and prioritize what we want to build on it. This blog is now brain flow of thoughts on the design. Previously: This blog history is full of very detailed info so maybe just skip it if you are the type to cringe and say "Ew. Too Much Info!" In addition to being an information sharing, it is also at times a way for me to cope or vent.
Thursday, December 6, 2007
mouse house
Dave has had 5 rounds of chemo. It is going well. He gets more and more sensitive to cold with each treatment... which is a bit complicated seeing how it is 20 degrees out. He has had a cold, and as with all colds that he gets, it progressed to a cough. As with all of his coughs, it is now Pneumonia or Brochitis. The Docs are not really sure either way, but it is the same treatment no matter what. He can't be doing too bad,... he is still working! Actually, ..... he was home for about a week and a half. By the end of it I was warming up his car for him and nudging him out the door. He does not sleep great at night. Some of that is because of the bag. By the time you empty it and wash the hands, you are awake. Then he has trouble falling asleep. He generally just feels tired all the time. Waaayyy tired. But he works and coaches the throwers.
On another note, we have been invaded by mice.
We can hear them in the evenings as they crawl around in the walls... which apparently have zero insulation.
The only place they seem to be appearing though is in the kitchen "junk drawers" / "gadget drawers." I finally took everything out of those drawers and just put decon bars in there. I clean the poops out every day, and they are still visiting at what appears to be the same rate. The final straw was that I discovered that they chewed the tip of my favorite heat resistant spatula/scraper. Now,.. ITS PERSONAL!!! I bought sticky traps today. They have to walk across the sticky traps before they can get to the yummy smelling peanut butter... that happens to be in a snap trap.
I got it all set up, we went out for errands, and they left poops ... indicating that they managed to get around the sticky traps... and they were near the peanut butter but did not set off the snap traps.
At least I have something to take my mind off of real life.
I have called the travel agent. She is going to send me some info. I think all 3 of us have had a rough year. In May Dave will be ready for whatever job / move / whatever. Then it will be time to get away and do something very fun, relaxing, and family oriented. We are thinking of a Disney Cruise or something.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment