Monday, December 17, 2007

winter priorities

We got some snow on Thursday. We parked in an obscure corner of the parking lot so the spots we normally park in could get plowed nice. Dave's car did not get cleaned off. I guess I thought taking Liam sledding to be more interesting.Then we got a really messy pile of precipitation on Saturday night,,,.... which froze over. Today, at 6 am, I was getting ready for work and realized that because of Dave's sensitivity to cold he cannot clean off his car. (I heard him tell a friend on the phone that he went out to get the paper that was in a bag, and a tiny bit of ice was on the bag and it landed on his hand causing great pain)So I turned it on, managed to finally back it out of the space it was in (snow banks all around it), and spent over half an hour chipping away at the 6 inches of frozen tundra that was on top of his car. Cold, windy, dark, 6 am, chipping ice ... not fun.I think I might have managed to bother some neighbors too. I had to leave. I never did manage to free his windshield wipers. But at least he will find his car pulled around and MOSTLY cleaned off. In the past 4 years we would park in the garages on bad weather days so we never had to deal with this. I can tell ya I learned my lesson though! I won't let it sit even if he is not up to driving. I will, now, always clean it off before I go sledding!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment