Friday, February 29, 2008

By Dave himself... even though he does not read the blog!

Hi. Dave here, just wanted to pass the latest news. Had my surgery Monday afternoon to "reconnect" the pipes. The surgery went very well and they let me go Wednesday night (was initially expecting to have to stay until Friday). I was recovering pretty well and they said I could go home Wed evening or wait until Thursday morning. I didn't see the advantage of spending another night in hospital (although Liam was disapointed he didn't get to stay in a hotel room) so I decided to go home. I'm feeling ok. The surgery site doesn't hurt too bad most of the time & the drugs are helping ("better living through chemistry..."). Went and walked for about 30 minutes at the Academy's indoor track this afternoon and was pretty sore most of the evening. They say walking helps speed recovery, but what do they really know???? Will probably be out of work for several more days at least...although K may have to hide my keys to keep me out as long as she thinks I need to recover. Still haven't gotten "regular" yet. They have me on Metamucil & Imodium to help things out - which seems strange as I thought they worked at cross purposes..... The doctor did say it would take some time. I'm starting to eat a little more - but not back to normal in that regards either. Basically that's the end of the treatment, after about 11 months of radiation, surgery, illeostomy bags and chemo. Thanks for all your thoughts, prayers and support since the diagnosis. I still have several years of follow up treatments - but hopefully the worst is over now.... Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment