April 2013: We bought land. We need to plan and prioritize what we want to build on it. This blog is now brain flow of thoughts on the design. Previously: This blog history is full of very detailed info so maybe just skip it if you are the type to cringe and say "Ew. Too Much Info!" In addition to being an information sharing, it is also at times a way for me to cope or vent.
Saturday, May 25, 2013
root celar
The more I read "Mother Earth News" magazine, the more I think I might want to be sure to incorporate a root cellar into the design. Maybe off the garage? A small section under the house? I think some thought should be given to food storage in addition to the traditional pantry. I don't think I would ever want to "homestead" and can a zillion cans of everything I could possibly grow... but I like the idea of not shutting down the option also. Putting in a root cellar type area is easier to do when a home is built.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment