April 2013: We bought land. We need to plan and prioritize what we want to build on it. This blog is now brain flow of thoughts on the design. Previously: This blog history is full of very detailed info so maybe just skip it if you are the type to cringe and say "Ew. Too Much Info!" In addition to being an information sharing, it is also at times a way for me to cope or vent.
Saturday, May 12, 2007
Liam questions
When we had the priest coming over for the annointing of the sick, I explained to Liam that when he gets sick, he has a cold. Dad is sick but it is not a cold. He is tired, has to use the bathroom a lot. That answer worked for a few weeks. Then the other day he asked more specifically what is wrong with Daddy. I think I knew that the simple answer he had so far would only hold him for so long. I could not formulate a plan about what to say ahead of time. So, when he asked, I just took a deep breath. I told him that it was hard to explain but I would try. Just give me a minute to think about it. Then I told him this, "Imagine you are playing with Playdough. You are trying to make a yellow giraffe. But then you find a spot of green, a very very small spot, of green playdough somehow got mixed in with the yellow. That is kind of like what is going on with Daddy. The Dr.s found a spot that does not belong there. It is inside him so we can't see it. It is not one of his moles. They are going to do some stuff to try to get rid of it. "
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment