April 2013: We bought land. We need to plan and prioritize what we want to build on it. This blog is now brain flow of thoughts on the design. Previously: This blog history is full of very detailed info so maybe just skip it if you are the type to cringe and say "Ew. Too Much Info!" In addition to being an information sharing, it is also at times a way for me to cope or vent.
Thursday, May 10, 2007
very small progress
Okay, so we met 3 Doctors. As opposed to the place at Backus in Norwich, this place was clean, well run, and very professional. We got another lecture about "what is cancer" "what is a rectum" and "what makes rectal cancer unique". They said a lot of "Well, if it is like this, then we would do _____. But if it is instead like this, we would do _______." They don't like the MRI that was done at Backus so we are repeating that on Friday (tomorrow) at 2:15. Then, due to traffic, we will probably have dinner in town before we drive home. On Monday at 3:15 is our next Appointment with Dr. Ryan. So, a lot of information, but not much specific to David's case. (I can't help think of a hampster on a tredmill). Good Golly, we hope on Monday to know what we are dealing with and how they will be proceeding. I mean, it has been almost a month now.
One of the few things we learned was that they will most likely do Radiation, some time off, then surgery, then more time off, then a Chemo-radiation for 4 months. They are saying that those last 4 months of Chemo are fairly mild and it is possible to go to work in that time. Many of their patients work Mon through Thursday then have Chemo on Friday then rest for the weekend. So maybe something like that is possible. His primary care guy in New London wants to see him for a physical and medical board. I am not sure what a Medical Board is all about, but I think it is an assesment of the whole picture. If they are going to put him on medical leave I think this is how that happens. I don't think it is anything to be concerned about. The one thing I know for sure is that the Coast Guard takes care of their own. If you need any more info please email me at dkgodfrey@gmail.com okay? Hugs,
Kerri
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment