Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Position Available:

I am reading a book entitled "Raising an emotionally healthy child while a parent is sick." I love the tone, it is a well written easy to read book that has some wonderful suggestions and insights. So, one idea they have is to have one person be your "Captain of Kindness." This is the person that communicates with everyone that says "let me know what I can do to help." If someone says this to us, we can ask them to call/email our "Captain of Kindness." This person can set up play dates to give us a break, schedule when folks bring over a meal when times are tough, set up rides to and from pre-school for Liam if need be. Perhaps people further away would want to contribute in other ways and this person could pool all of those people together to one idea (gift cards to pea-pod.com grocery delivery?). But it would take the burned off of us to set it all up and be the orchestrator of it all. I have a hard time asking for help sometimes. Even when feeling motivated, by the time I call 10 people to find someone that is available to do something, I might as well do it myself with that time and energy. So, if you would like to be our "Captain of Kindness" please email me. dkgodfrey@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment