Tuesday, July 31, 2007

GRE ***(updated and edited)

Dave took the GRE test today. (Its like the SAT but its for grad school). It is done directly onto a computer now. You get "un-official" results right away for 2 of the 3 sections. For Math, he got an 800 out of a possible 800. And for Verbal (reading) he got a 730 out of a possible 800. It will be 3 weeks or so before he gets the scores to the essay part and the official Math and Verbal scores. He has applied again to the Coast Guard's vacancy for the MIT grad school position. It is a project management Masters. But even if he does not get it he will probably go for some grad school on his own in the next few years.. probably not till summer of 2008 anyways! **** After I first posted this -Dave told me that he is worried he wrote the scores down wrong. He says, "I couldn't have gotten an 800. I don't know if I remembered the numbers correctly". Dave does not know how smart he is sometimes. Its part of his charm. Who could live with someone that smart that KNEW they were that smart!? If he had scored a 600 he would have remembered it clearly and without question. Because he would have been mad at himself. But he has asked me no less than 20 times if I think he scored an 800.

No comments:

Post a Comment