Thursday, August 2, 2007

Cute stuff.

Liam thinks that dandelions (those yellow weed flowers) that have gone to seed (turned to puff balls) ... if you blow on them you can make a wish. He always wishes for a baby. And then at bed time he prays for "the baby" like its just hanging out waiting for its turn to come to our lives. Sometimes its hard to hear him want one so bad. Some days it is inspiring. Other days its just heart wrenching. And then other days I wonder how the hell I could deal with a second when I need a break from the first one so frequently. I have been over at the new crash pad getting it ready. I spent Tuesday and Wednesday scrubbing the old hard wood floors that are in the dining room and living room. Bucket after bucket of black water! Ew! My knees have bruises from kneeling so much. My wrists and shoulders hurt from scrubbing. But it needed it and I feel better. The new washer and dryer show up on Monday. The moving truck shows up on Tuesday. Liam likes the new house because he is free to use the adjacent church parking lot for bike riding, basketball (Liam can dribble while walking and running), and side walk chalk. He had lots of grass at the old place but not so much flat hard play area. Its good. Yesterday I figured out there was no mail box. Went down to the post office and signed up for a PO Box. We are now officially at an address I won't put in the blog. Its too public. Gotta protect some privacy. But email me and I will reply with it. Did I mention before that our old home phone number will be the same. I don't have a phone. The movers have those. I hope to come across it next week. Also stopped by the fire station. It went something like this: "Say, I just rented a house that has no drive way, can't be seen from the road, does not have a mail box out on the road, and does not have any house numbers on it. I want to make sure you guys can find me if I need you" "Okay, whats the address?" "142-R Old Norwich Road" "Do you access that from ____ road?" "nope" "oh, then you must have to access it from ____ road" "nope but starting to feel glad I stopped by. The only way to get to it is to go into the church parking lot and it is off the South-West corner of the lot" "no way! that has to be illegal! I didn't know there was a house back there and I have been working here 10 years!" "well, if it is illegal, I am just renting! But can you drive by just to see where it is just so someone knows?" "I'll do better than that, I will get the info written down, and call dispatch. If you call 911, it will pull up your address but also directions for access." He later took the fire truck for a drive and came up to see it for himself. (We happened to be there. Liam really liked that!) I have been working on teaching Liam how to call 911 and also when it is appropriate. He may figure out how to dial it if he needs to, but he won't be able to give directions. I take that back, he probably would try to give directions. But when he says "Baptist Church" it does not come out clear enough for him to probably be understood over the phone. That and he would probably try to do sign language and think the guy on the phone can see him so as to understand. He does that sometimes!

No comments:

Post a Comment