Thursday, February 14, 2008

Good News - Feb 25th is the day

Okay, so we were taking it kind of hard. Not the getting sick part. Not so much that it had to be cancelled. But it was like a punch in the gut that the surgeon's assistant had mentioned trying to do the reversal in April or May. I had called her again on Tuesday and she said she still had not had a chance to look at it. They had some new patients to schedule too. I told her that I wanted a date before March 1st. She said she would get back to me... and she kind of said it like "I WILL CALL YOU, you don't need to be calling me." (and I wondered if I had made her mad... thus resulting in a possible November date) Yesturday Dave got an email that he must attend a 2 week training in Virginia in May. I called to tell her that we needed to black out those dates as not possible surgery dates. While I had her on the line she told me Dave is scheduled for February 25th. I got off the phone with her and wept with relief. I was still all choked up when I called Dave. He took it in stride.... like I had said that we would be having pizza for dinner. Oh well, at least I feel a huge sigh of relief!!

No comments:

Post a Comment