Here it is (not sure if it will remain valid).
http://www.boston.com/realestate/news/2013/04/06/home-the-week-waltham/6LHtQWMfeJfqpJM9POBv2J/pictures.html
It is a house with a turret. The master bedroom is on the 3rd floor. With the bedroom in the Turret.
I totally love this photo! Really I do!
Oh boy...
I want to design ~
our home ~
that we can live in with ease~
when we are both 95 years old.
(hiking to the 3rd floor to sleep? I should think not!)
You know those old people?
They can't drive worth a damn...
so put their garage facing the street. Back out of the garage, and plop... right there in the road you are!
And they can't shovel much, so keep the drive way short, small, and direct.
We have been looking at homes in this area ~ we have a huge variety of home styles. He seems to hate any house that has a garage you can see from the street. He is thinking "detached" and maybe "around back."
Make it energy efficient ~ because them old folks ~ they can't afford to heat their home with the rising heating costs.
(the price has gone up on all of it - electric, oil, whatever!)
When we lived in CT ~ for some reason ~ I drove around and took photos of homes I liked the "look" of. What if, we brought a print out of these photos to a designer that specializes in "sustainable architecture" and just asked him to tape them around his computer screen while he worked on our home. Drawing inspiration from the suggested theme to camouflage our "lab rat science experiment" design into a home of our liking? Could that work?
(the garble below is supposed to be the photos I tried to upload)


No comments:
Post a Comment